Senior Software Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we’re a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in our Costa Mesa office who will be an essential individual contributor within a project team, focusing on development of new products & features. This engineer will design, code and test medium to large software modules as they apply to a specific product. They will also perform requirements analysis, create functional designs, and detailed design specifications as they relate to the implementation of the software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, code, and test medium to large software modules
- Own short term planning of IT projects and programs, creating the requirements analysis, functional design, and detailed technical design specifications as they relate to the implementation of a software module
- Participate in the development of larger modules which may also include collaboratively authoring requirements analysis, architectural designs, or detailed design tasks under the direction of a more experienced engineer
- Write technical documentation
- Develop software using at least one programming language and platform
- Utilize source control tools and related build mechanisms
- Install and configure software development tools and/or operating systems
- Debug and correct problems in existing software
- Estimate the complexity of a certain task and an appropriate schedule
- Provide direction to less experienced engineers
- Resolve complex software problems/bugs via advanced debugging techniques
- Follow all company standards, including the software coding standards document
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- At least five (5) years of Java programming experience, object oriented analysis, design and programming
- Candidate must have in depth knowledge of Jboss or similar J2EE container, Hibernate or another O/R mapping tool, native JDBC concepts and implementations
- Candidate must have extensive hands-on experience with Spring MVC, JSP, JSTL, and related Java web container technologies
- Candidate must have extensive hands-on experience working with dynamic web sites/pages, utilizing AJAX/REST & JSON to support interactive displays without page refreshes.
- Candidate must have string skills in HTML, CSS, etc
- Candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills in web/browser technologies, the controller/MVC layer, through to the middle-tier EJB layer.
- Candidate must be very detailed focused with an emphasis on quality and complete end-to-end testing.
- Candidate must be able to reverse engineer functional behavior/interactions via review of existing code, while transforming that code to newer technology / packages.
- Experience in Oracle or other DBMS systems, very fluent in SQL & DML constructs helpful
- Box Office Management or other ticketing experience a plus
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Specifically to work cooperatively with software engineers, system administrators, product managers and other stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment
- Experience as a group leader a plus
- Must have a willingness and patience to teach others
- Must be articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats, with a specific ability to author and communicate technical designs and documentation
- Must practice regular & continued self-education
- Exercise troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to maintain and meet schedules
- All other duties as assigned
- Remote evening and weekend work as required including having home internet access
No Relocation Assistance
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tickets.com® is a technology solutions provider focused on sports and live entertainment. Our ProVenue® platform is a full service, integrated ticketing solution designed to enable entertainment and sports organizations to sell tickets to consumers under the client’s own brand.
First incorporated in 1995 and later rebranded as Tickets.com in 2001, the company was initially a merger of nine ticketing firms. After MLB® Advanced Media acquired Tickets.com in 2005 and instituted a new executive leadership team, the company continued to expand its prestigious client list in both North American and International markets.
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Tickets.com has regional offices across the U.S. and around the world, including Europe, Australia, and Asia. The ProVenue product line is scalable to serve all operations from professional sports and university athletics, arenas and attractions to museums and nonprofit theaters.
We believe in providing industry-leading technology and enabling venues to capture, retrieve and own their customer data. Unrestricted access to sales information, coupled with a client’s ability to sell tickets under their own brand, provides Tickets.com clients with a 360 degree view of customer buying habits and preferences. This level of insight allows clients to refine marketing strategies and forge long-term relationships with their customers. Learn more about ProVenue
Through strategy, partnership, and innovation, Tickets.com is on a mission to disrupt the ticketing industry. Our culture encourages collaboration, transparency, and the freedom to think outside the box. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, but we know we’ve only scratched the surface on what we can achieve.
The company also sells tickets directly to consumers at www.tickets.com
Health & Peace of Mind: Personal Well Being: Financial Future:
*Medical, Dental and Vision Plans *PTO- Paid Time Off *401(k) Plan with Company Match
*Basic Life Insurance *STO- Sick Time Off *Health & Dependent Care FSA
*Optional Life Insurance *Paid Holidays *Legal Assistance Plan
*Short Term Disability (STD) *Tuition Reimbursement
*Long Term Disability (LTD)
*Domestic Partner Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Casual Dress Environment
*Company Sponsored Events and Tickets
*Employee Discounts- MLB.com shop, MLB TV and other recreation discounts
Company Website: WWW.TICKETS.COM
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)