Application Systems Analyst
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we’re a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking an Application Systems Analyst in our Syracuse, New York office whose key role is in the implementation, support and ongoing growth of the products and services offered by Tickets.com. Working within Application Services, the Application Systems Analyst interface with a wide variety of functional areas within the organization this position provides mid-to-high level technical support for application systems, both internally and externally. In addition the Application Systems Analyst reviews, analyzes, and modifies application systems including configuration, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's ticketing business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide mid-to-high level technical support for application systems, both internally and externally.
- Accumulate knowledge of Tickets.com products, including a thorough and detailed understanding of product features, capabilities and limitations.
- Maintain knowledge of new/existing products and technology. Be able to consistently convey this information to both internal staff and external clients in a manner that is accurate, detailed, easy to understand, professional and courteous.
- Review, analyze, and modify application systems including configuration, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's ticketing business needs.
- Translate user needs to application implementation (leveraging existing functionality and/or quantifying new development requirements).
- Create basic documentation (technical and user).
- Provide weekly status report (template attached).
- Assist end-users in cases of first-use or highly-complicated application execution.
- Play an active role in Operational Readiness Testing process for application systems.
- Serve as a conduit between operations and development, quality assurance and other groups within Tickets.com or its business partners.
- Travel to client sites and other Tickets.com locations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seven (7) years minimum experience with supporting application systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
- Significant troubleshooting aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Self-motivation, patience and the ability to work both independently and within a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of the ticketing industry.
- Familiarity with existing Tickets.com software and/or underlying technology.
- Experience supporting web based applications.
- Experience with relational databases and client-server concepts.
- Familiarity with SQL, HTML and CCS.
- Experience with Service Now, SPLUNK, and JIRA.
- Some travel required.
- Remote evening and weekend work as required.
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tickets.com® is a technology solutions provider focused on sports and live entertainment. Our ProVenue® platform is a full service, integrated ticketing solution designed to enable entertainment and sports organizations to sell tickets to consumers under the client’s own brand.
First incorporated in 1995 and later rebranded as Tickets.com in 2001, the company was initially a merger of nine ticketing firms. After MLB® Advanced Media acquired Tickets.com in 2005 and instituted a new executive leadership team, the company continued to expand its prestigious client list in both North American and International markets.
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Tickets.com has regional offices across the U.S. and around the world, including Europe, Australia, and Asia. The ProVenue product line is scalable to serve all operations from professional sports and university athletics, arenas and attractions to museums and nonprofit theaters.
We believe in providing industry-leading technology and enabling venues to capture, retrieve and own their customer data. Unrestricted access to sales information, coupled with a client’s ability to sell tickets under their own brand, provides Tickets.com clients with a 360 degree view of customer buying habits and preferences. This level of insight allows clients to refine marketing strategies and forge long-term relationships with their customers. Learn more about ProVenue
Through strategy, partnership, and innovation, Tickets.com is on a mission to disrupt the ticketing industry. Our culture encourages collaboration, transparency, and the freedom to think outside the box. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, but we know we’ve only scratched the surface on what we can achieve.
The company also sells tickets directly to consumers at www.tickets.com
Health & Peace of Mind: Personal Well Being: Financial Future:
*Medical, Dental and Vision Plans *PTO- Paid Time Off *401(k) Plan with Company Match
*Basic Life Insurance *STO- Sick Time Off *Health & Dependent Care FSA
*Optional Life Insurance *Paid Holidays *Legal Assistance Plan
*Short Term Disability (STD) *Tuition Reimbursement
*Long Term Disability (LTD)
*Domestic Partner Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Casual Dress Environment
*Company Sponsored Events and Tickets
*Employee Discounts- MLB.com shop, MLB TV and other recreation discounts
Company Website: WWW.TICKETS.COM
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)