Do you love baseball? Are you a Pittsburgh Pirates fan? Would your ideal job be located at the PNC Park? If you answered yes, read on!
We are Tickets.com, a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball. We are in search of a Field Technician, someone who is an enthusiastic, self-starter to support our client, the Pittsburgh Pirates. You will be part of a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation whose mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
You will be working at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ensuring that all Tickets.com equipment in an assigned geographical area is well-maintained and quickly repaired when it breaks down. You will accomplish this through regular preventive maintenance visits and troubleshooting/repairs by phone or in person. You will be required to carry a cell phone at assigned times and respond promptly to any issues as well as provide support and training for all outlets.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Repairing all Tickets.com system-related peripheral equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance and repair, as needed on all equipment such as thermal ticket printers, computers, monitors, terminal servers, handheld ticket scanners, Cisco routers, and networking and data communications gear.
- Troubleshooting repair problems via telephone. Site visits can be reduced by effectively troubleshooting over the telephone.
- Making regularly scheduled preventive maintenance visits to all assigned client and ticket center locations.
- Continually improving your understanding of current technical issues, devices and technologies associated with Tickets.com systems. Ensuring an understanding of Tickets.com system wiring, connectivity and methods for utilizing device indicators to assist in troubleshooting.
- Providing support and training for all outlets.
- All other duties as assigned.
Nice to have:
- Minimum two (2) years Technical experience
- Technical Degree or equivalent. A and Network preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Detail oriented, organized, proven ability to follow up on tasks
- Self-starter, able to prioritize and work independently
- Ability to work well with others and provide constructive feedback
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Some night and evening work as required
If you think you’re a great fit for this opportunity, we’ve love to hear from you!
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tickets.com® is a technology solutions provider focused on sports and live entertainment. Our ProVenue® platform is a full service, integrated ticketing solution designed to enable entertainment and sports organizations to sell tickets to consumers under the client’s own brand.
First incorporated in 1995 and later rebranded as Tickets.com in 2001, the company was initially a merger of nine ticketing firms. After MLB® Advanced Media acquired Tickets.com in 2005 and instituted a new executive leadership team, the company continued to expand its prestigious client list in both North American and International markets.
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Tickets.com has regional offices across the U.S. and around the world, including Europe, Australia, and Asia. The ProVenue product line is scalable to serve all operations from professional sports and university athletics, arenas and attractions to museums and nonprofit theaters.
We believe in providing industry-leading technology and enabling venues to capture, retrieve and own their customer data. Unrestricted access to sales information, coupled with a client’s ability to sell tickets under their own brand, provides Tickets.com clients with a 360 degree view of customer buying habits and preferences. This level of insight allows clients to refine marketing strategies and forge long-term relationships with their customers. Learn more about ProVenue
Through strategy, partnership, and innovation, Tickets.com is on a mission to disrupt the ticketing industry. Our culture encourages collaboration, transparency, and the freedom to think outside the box. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, but we know we’ve only scratched the surface on what we can achieve.
The company also sells tickets directly to consumers at www.tickets.com
Health & Peace of Mind: Personal Well Being: Financial Future:
*Medical, Dental and Vision Plans *PTO- Paid Time Off *401(k) Plan with Company Match
*Basic Life Insurance *STO- Sick Time Off *Health & Dependent Care FSA
*Optional Life Insurance *Paid Holidays *Legal Assistance Plan
*Short Term Disability (STD) *Tuition Reimbursement
*Long Term Disability (LTD)
*Domestic Partner Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Casual Dress Environment
*Company Sponsored Events and Tickets
*Employee Discounts- MLB.com shop, MLB TV and other recreation discounts
Company Website: WWW.TICKETS.COM
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)